Brentwood Council to Freeze Local Council Tax for 2021/22
At Ordinary Council on Wednesday, 24th February the Conservative led Council Tax passed a Budget for the forthcoming year that means that the Brentwood part of the Council Tax Bill will be frozen for the coming year. This will help residents after what has been a difficult year for everyone.
Key points of the Budget and council strategic plan going forward are :
- Council Tax Increase of 0% per household
- Improved service delivery locally with NO reductions
- Establishing a housing pipeline of 300 new homes beginning with Brookfield Close in Hutton.
- Supporting our High Streets and Local Businesses with "Click it Local".
- Major investment in our local Parks and Play areas for adults and families.
- Improving housing locally with £7.5m of investment.
Conservative Leader Chris Hossack has welcomed the passing of the budget.